Monday, September 19, 2016

Characters Self-Introduction

Atleah, Book 1 in the Gurruffallo series

Rhionan -
        I'm Rhionan, Rhonnie for short. Um... can I sneak a peek at what everyone else said? No. Well then... I come from the clan Sturgeon in the early 1500's. Yup, do the math, I just revealed my age. Roughly. A rough estimate of my age.
         I had a brother and sister, they were twins and two years older than me.
        When I first came to Atleah, Meleseus scared me off. I was seventeen then and I have been on the run every since. I like moving around, seeing different sights and meeting new people. 'Tis fun. I am back in Atleah now, thanks to Achilles. The immortals here are entertaining. Sometimes I wish I had not run away because I have missed out on so much with these guys, other times I'm glad I had a chance to find myself before I came back. Before I found out who I am meant to become. That sounds cryptic doesn't it? I like it. 
         You would think after 500 years I would have more to say...

Armand -
        I once enjoyed the company of others, but after tragedy strikes your family you become more isolated. I like to keep to myself.

Meleseus -
         I am Meleseus and I am the keeper of the Prophecy. There is so much to do. The prophecy. The Amulet. The immortals. I do not have time for a biography.

Arbus -
      This time period is boring. I do not fit in here. I miss spear hunting the mammoths and saber-tooth tigers that ran freely across the vast tundra. That was when surviving meant something. I'm going fishing.

MarcAntony -
      There is not much to me. I come from Greece, or Northern Africa, centuries ago. My mother was a slave. I was forced into the Gladiators, much like my father. I became immortal. That is my story. 
          Nope... Nope. One more thing, Rhionan will be mine. I love her.

Achilles -
          I'm am immortal demigod. What more needs to be said!

Hector -
        I am one of the oldest immortals. Number three. Meleseus and Arbus are both, almost to the day, number one and two. Achilles killed me in my mortal life, making me immortal, and a few days later my brother killed him. Now we are stuck together throughout all eternity. Funny how things turn out. It's not that bad. We have come to overlook our differences and have been decently close over the centuries.
      We have been around for a long time and seen many things. The world has changed so much and it never stops. I like it! I enjoy the life long centuries old friends I have made too. Despite how we sometimes act, we are a family.

Bryan -
       I'm Bryan Dirkson, but Brian is sufficient. No one else around here has a last name. I am either Scottish or English, I was young when my parents died, but somehow I ended up in London as a boy.
        I picked pockets and stole to take care of myself until Armand found me. At first, I thought he was going to turn me over to the authorities. *Chuckles* He brought me to Atleah and raised me as his own.
       I grew up with the immortals all around me. They taught me right from wrong, how to fight and defend, and mostly treated me as a bratty, little brother. I idolized them! Imagine how excited I was to become one of them! (They do NOT need to know I said any of that. It will go to their heads.)
  
Trent -
        My name is Trent. I'm from modern day Kansas. Exciting, right? I know it is not as cool as living centuries ago, meeting God's or hunting with spears. I had a good life before all this. I had a beautiful, smart, fun, amazing, rich girlfriend. Her being rich doesn't matter, I just like to throw that out there. I had grades, scholarships, plans and friends. My future was set. Now I am here.

Camille -
         You want to know more about me? 
     Well, I have been in Atleah since I was orphaned at 16. Meleseus brought me here. I remember, he used to not pay attention to me, so I would try to make him jealous, typical kid stuff. Now he is mine.
       Oh yeah, I am Camille Sturgeon. I am not an immortal. I was a maid in the castle until Rhonnie (Rhianon) arrived. I am honestly not sure what my title is now, but as long as I am with Meleseus I don't care. I promise I am not as pathetic as I sound.
        I run a lot of the day-to-day activities in Atleah. I am trying to plan this years immortal birthday party. We have one every year, but this will be the first year with Rhonnie and Trent. I feel like that makes it a bigger deal than usual, although Rhonnie hates being in the spotlight. She has not been very helpful. 
       It is strange, the immortals birthday's are the one-and-only thing they have in common. They were all born Pisces, sometime between February 18 and March 20. Since I discovered this to be their only commonality, I have done some research on the zodiac signs and discovered there are ancient people that believed the spirit was first born as an Aries (the beginning, life) and then made their way through the entire zodiac chart until they were finally born as a Pisces (the end, death). Once a Pisces dies, their spirit is then reincarnated to a different creature to begin the cycle all over again. Occasionally when that Pisces would die, he would become a super spirit and continue to live on as he had before he died. He would become a higher being, in a sense, without actually become higher. I do not know if I am explaining this right, but I believe this is why the immortals have become immortal. They lived through all the Zodiac symbols and have become who the prophecy preordained them to be. At least that is my theory.   

No comments:

Post a Comment