Friday, September 23, 2016

Thoughts from the Author

So, as a new author self-publishing a book, it is a very interesting experience. For one, I have read all these articles about what to do and what not to do, and some of the dos contradict the don'ts. Everybody's different outlook and opinion of the self-publishing process is entertaining! I understand different things work for different authors and genres and I love all the foresight that has been left for people like me to pick up. I am enjoying myself learning new things every day that I would never have guessed were part of writing and publishing a book!  

On my own, I have learned that to self-publish a book you have to belong to several social sights. The book sights are the most important, but Facebook and Twitter are ideal for getting the word out. Everybody is on one or the other, or both!

Trying to get reviews and ratings, an essential part of any online book, takes time and patience because the book has to be bought and read first. Book bloggers are a tremendous asset to authors and their stories. Book bloggers spread the word to a wide variety of  readers that the social sights sometimes miss.




This book has been my baby for the last few years. She even has brothers and sisters that are soon to join her!




Atleah looks slightly different than I imagined her to look. The cover on the left is the one in the public eye. The cover on the right had been the original, but the fonts could not be matched up for printing. 

One day that may change!  

I have also learned how to make ads for my books! 
I figure if I am capable of doing it myself than I might as well!
The picture was drawn with charcoal. 
As much smudging as I did, my hands were a mess but the overall product was worth it!

The last couple of days I have logged onto a website for the first time. Some of you may be familiar with it, but if you are not it is packed full of books of every kind and the inhabitants of that site are extremely nice. So if you're looking for a new book or people who love to read as much as you, check out http://www.kboards.com/

A good place to look for bargain books is:
http://www.readfree.ly/
Atleah sample:

Purchase:

No comments:

Post a Comment